|RBP's Operating Units
RBP operates in three aligned but distinct areas of expertise;
- Management and advisory Services
- Telecoms and Technology (Projects, Products and Services)
RBP Advisory focuses on servicing clients in three general areas:
- Strategic advisory activity where RBP provides analysis, direction, and development of strategic business plans
- business development and execution of the business strategies where routes to market, joint ventures, and other specific business development efforts are undertaken
- Mergers and acquisitions where it is advising on the acquisition or disposal of assets in support of a given business strategy
Our Advisory offering
The approach is characterized by a focus on direct results and implementation, and is based on our deep industry expertise.
RBP supports its clients throughout their enterprise cycle or as an intervention in any particular area i.e. commercial strategy and implementation. The start is often the identification of new business opportunities, whether driven by new geographies, strategies or technologies and the definition of strategies on how to extract value from them.
Telecom and technology Projects
RBP Telecoms develops projects where it holds or is part of the shareholder group that owns the (operating) license (or joint venture agreement with the license holder). The areas of operation and expertise include fixed and mobile, terrestrial and wireless networks and Telecom Infrastructure service providers.
RBP is typically presented opportunities by existing operators, institutional investors, and major telecommunications solutions and services companies. In other cases, RBP conceives projects, develops them to the point of financial viability and investor interest, and on to operational status.
RBP Principals typically get deeply involved in revamping the business and marketing plans, and in defining the technology platforms of target operating companies. Uniquely, RBP brings considerable depth in the technical, commercial, and operational aspects of the business.
RBP Telecoms’ involvement is "hands on" and ongoing, often to the point of taking executive responsibility for critical strategic and tactical aspects of the company's operations.
Products and Services
RBP brings on board unique technology solutions and services that combined address the unique needs of Telecom operators and service providers across our core markets.
The strategic objective of RBP Investments is to establish a portfolio of operating businesses that will access growth opportunities in African markets.
RBP investment strategy is to focus on companies looking for growth capital to expand their businesses. The companies will have established business models but need financing and additional partners to help take them to the next level.
The overall investment strategy is designed to generate maximum value for investors, capitalizing on the continuing opportunity in the TMT space, as well as the intellectual capital and experience of RBP.
Within the TMT value chain; there are several sub-sectors where we are particularly focused on looking for investment opportunities:
- Tower building, Turnkey infrastructure and engineering services
- Tower, site maintenance and management
- Call centers and Business Process outsourcing
- Broadband access and service providers
- Telecom retailers (service retailing)
The investment cycle
The unique benefits arising from the synergies of an integrated business model are leveraged at every stage of the investment cycle, ensuring a competitive advantage for all of RBP’ investments.